3 day visit plus travel and preparation
LHT would recommend up to a three day visit to evaluate why the hotel has scored below the SLH required minimum quality rating score.
This can be attributed to a number of influencing (operational) factors:
- Lack of capital investment
- Staffing levels
- Clearly defined standards of performance and training
- Staff motivation
LHT will take a structured approach to gain a better understanding the hotel operation by analysing:
- Systems and procedures
- Investment plans
- Staff structures
- SOP`s and training records
- HR polices
LHT will also walk through the highlighted areas of the SLH Mystery Inspection report, evaluating (if relevant):
- The key areas and shortfalls
- Understanding the potential root causes of the shortfalls
- Setting objectives and measurement criteria
This would normally be with the hotels owner, general manager and / or a selected group of the senior hotel management.
This is to review and set clear goals, objectives and time lines as part of an improvement plan.
- LHT will produce a detailed report, training recommendations and will provide all supporting documentation.
- The evaluation and training modules are all based on the standards outlined in the SLH Mystery Inspection Programme.