4 day visit plus travel and preparation
The LHT reservations training modules are designed for all staff that come into direct contact with the hotel guest reservations, including: receptionists, telephonists, and reservation agents.
Modules will cover:
Standards of performance
- LHT would review and discuss current reservation standards and procedures in order that the hotel trainees understand their importance and overall impact on the guest experience.
- Voice Skills – includes a discussion on the barriers to communication, with delegates being asked to identify which aspects are in their control and which are not.
- Telephone techniques
- Answering (5 rings)
- Talking – clear and precise (language skills)
- Smiling on the telephone
- The pre-amble / greeting – hotel and staff member name
- Use of the customer`s name
- Closing the call
- Communicating in writing – clear, accurate and professionalo Within 24 hours
Effective Sales Techniques
Basic sales skills including up selling, suggestive selling, cross selling
- Other hotel services like – dinner & spa reservations
- Tailoring to the customer need
- Asking for the sale
- Demonstrate Product knowledge
- Question techniques (i.e. open vs. closed questions)
Reservations Processes & Systems
Analysing the booking process into its various modules:
- Client profiling
- Selling techniques
- Value added extras
- Confirmation templates
- Pre-arrival & post departure communications
- This is to review and set clear goals, objectives and time lines to improving performance.
- LHT will produce a report and will provide all supporting documentation (SOP`s).
- LHT will provide a certificate of achievement for the trainees / delegates at the end of each training module.
All LHT training modules can be tailored to meet a client`s specific needs or requirements.
All LHT training modules are based on the standards outlined in the SLH Mystery Inspection Programme 2016